
photos: Lobby of the Palace of the Lost City, Sun City; ceiling of the lobby; yes, those are real zebra skinned chairs; two views from our room
Steve and I passed out promptly last night. Was up at 6am, the birds here are incredible, and plentiful, large crane-type ones by the ponds that woke me, a lovely way to wake up. I actually feel pretty good today, not jet-lagged at all, so maybe those pills actually worked? Another incredible spread in the restaurant, gigantic breakfast buffet which was more food, fruit that you can imagine. And the ubiquitous service, always, my coffee barely went down 1/3 when it was being filled again. The group is off to more property visits this morning early (8 am) which leaves me with a few hours to kill at the resort. I have ensconced myself at the bar, it’s just me and the bartender this morning (and his excellent music). Gorgeous spot, another room with 20 foot ceilings opening to a gorgeous veranda, and the breezes blowing in, big couches to sink into. Although only 9am it promises to be another scorcher of a day. Being pale girl that I am, I am hiding from the sun, I think I could turn into lobster girl VERY quickly here. But I may take a dip in the huge pool, or walk in their gardens here. Or perhaps some retail therapy (that’s what Steve gets for leaving me unattended with credit cards). Have taken a few great shots already of the hotel, lovely carving and artwork, ponds etc. After they get back, we’ll be checking out and back on the plane at noonish, then back to the Joburg airport. Steve and I have a few hours to kill there, our flight doesn’t leave until about 6pm. Time for blog updating since getting a wireless connection here has been next to impossible. Then it’s a 1½ hour flight out to Cape Town.




1 comment:
wooHOO - free laundry!!! :-D
Wowza - looks & sounds incredible!!! Take lotsa pics!
Where are your extra tealights again?
xo.
a.
Post a Comment