


Photos: views from Plettenberg Bay; truck in KnysnaWent to pick up Steve in George today, after he flew in this morning about 11:30 am. He is glad to be finished work – I gather it was 40+ degrees Celsius in Botswana where he was visiting a coal project, so it is positively cool here in the Plett! Then we had a nice lunch dockside in Knysna this afternoon, some nice seafood. Rain largely eased off today, so we were able to take a stroll on the beach this afternoon. Then we had some cheese and nibblies, and a nice bottle of white wine. I have made friends with the dog living here, her name is Sophie, I am including a picture. And we also met two adorable dachshunds on the beach as well, so I am getting my doggie fix! Not much else to report today…took some additional photos of the local townships on the drive today, they are so close to the highway, hence the “drive-by” type of shots, sorry about the quality. But wanted to give folks a sense of what the different structures are like, and the range of them. Also including a photo of a group of k
ids that met us on the beach, asking for money, chatted with the oldest girl as we walked a bit. I gave them all my coins, probably 10 rand, but that will mean a lot for them. The idea of children, especially, going hungry is unfathomable to me, and it’s literally pocket change to us, so, it was a no-brainer. Seems a very little bit we can do. There are literally thousands of social improvement projects here to give to, no shortage at all. I was reading about the local school project, 20 rand pays for a child each month, but many parents cannot afford it. That is about $2.75. It will be hard to pick just one for us to give to…
ids that met us on the beach, asking for money, chatted with the oldest girl as we walked a bit. I gave them all my coins, probably 10 rand, but that will mean a lot for them. The idea of children, especially, going hungry is unfathomable to me, and it’s literally pocket change to us, so, it was a no-brainer. Seems a very little bit we can do. There are literally thousands of social improvement projects here to give to, no shortage at all. I was reading about the local school project, 20 rand pays for a child each month, but many parents cannot afford it. That is about $2.75. It will be hard to pick just one for us to give to…
2 comments:
It's fantastic to see your smiling faces in the photos. Gorgeous snaps.
Great photos! Looks like such a wonderful time!
By the way - Zac and I are becoming great friends. I think he misses his Mom and Dad, though!
Best wishes for an enjoyable last week in Africa!
Post a Comment